Building relationships to deliver innovative coverage
1. The school board should have a policy and administrative regulation that outline the district’s commitment to safety/risk management and identifies specific accountabilities, including all upper administration. This may be in the form of the district’s Injury and Illness Prevention Program (IIPP). CCR Title 8, Section 3203 (a)
2. The policy should be reviewed annually.
3. The policy should be distributed and communicated to all employees.
4. The administration should review property, liability, auto, and workers’ compensation losses at least annually with the board. A loss/claim summary is sufficient.
5. Upper management (and board members when appropriate) should visit sites to gain an understanding of the operating systems within the disstrict, i.e., warehouse, transportation, maintenance, food service, etc.